Ensuring accurate shipping prices is crucial, for both you as a maker, and your customers. The shipping calculator is a powerful tool that enables you to investigate and set reasonable shipping rates for different markets. Follow this step-by-step guide to utilize the shipping calculator effectively and streamline your shipping process.
Let's get started!
- Go to Commerce
- Click on the Shipping option
- Click on the Edit button
- By default, the shipping calculator block is collapsed. Click on the Show button to open it.
Enter the Shipping Details:
- From - select the warehouse from which you will be shipping the order.
- To - choose the destination country and enter the postal code for accurate calculations.
- Total weight - enter the weight of the package as shipping prices depend on the package's weight.
- Order type - specify whether the order is for business (B2B) or consumer (B2C). Note that prices may differ based on the type of shipment, especially on PostNord's side.
- Select currency - choose the currency in which you want to view the prices.
- After entering the required details, click on the Calculate price button.
The shipping calculator will generate a table displaying carriers that can ship to the selected country from your warehouse, along with corresponding prices.
Understanding Displayed Prices
- Note that all prices are displayed without VAT.
- The prices shown include options for various delivery methods:
- Parcel Home: Direct delivery to the customer's house.
- Parcel Collect: Delivery to a collection point or service point of the carrier.
- 1/4 Pallet, 1/2 Pallet, Full Pallet: Prices for different pallet options.
- All displayed prices are approximate, and carriers may include extra charges in some cases.
- Prices of carriers are subject to change based on fuel fees, which are updated at different intervals:
Experimenting with Different Parameters
- To fine-tune your shipping prices for specific markets, you can experiment with different postal codes and weights.
- Within the shipping calculator, revisit the "To" field and input alternative postal codes within the destination country, to explore shipping prices for different regions.
- Adjust the total weight to simulate various package sizes and understand how weight impacts shipping costs.
- Based on the experimentation, analyze the updated shipping prices for different postal codes and weights.
- Use this information to refine your shipping strategy for specific markets. Consider adjusting prices or offering free shipping.
- Once you've determined the most cost-effective shipping strategies for markets, update the shipping prices on your webshops accordingly.