You can effortlessly import products from one store to another. If you've already set up products in one market and need them in another, this guide will walk you through the process of importing products and provide key tips to consider.
Let's get started!
- Go to Commerce, select Webshop Products
- Find the tab that corresponds to the market where you want to import products. Click on that tab.
- If you have products added to at least one of the markets, the "Import products" button will be displayed. Click on this button.
A pop-up titled "Import products" will appear. On the pop-up, you'll see a list of available markets from which you can import products. The number of products available for import in each market will be displayed.
Select the market from which you want to import products.
- To copy products along with collections, check the "Import collections" checkbox. This will create collections and add products to them in the same sequence as the source market.
- If you prefer not to copy collections, leave the checkbox unchecked. Note that you'll need to manually create collections and add products to them later.
Double-check your setup to ensure everything is as you want it. Once satisfied, click the "Save" button to start the import process. Allow some time for the system to generate the products. This may take a moment.
After all the products are created, a success message will appear. You can now see that the desired products have been imported.
Key Considerations for Successful Imports
While this feature simplifies your product and store management, remember these important points:
Avoiding Duplicate Products: If a product already exists in the target market, the import process will skip creating duplicates.
Matching Sales Channels: Pay attention to the sales channels in both the source and target markets. If they don't align, some products might not be imported. For instance, copying products from a retail-only market to a wholesale-only market may result in those products not being copied over.
- Updating content: The stores are not in real-time sync meaning that if you after the import change some of the content (i.e. change the product image) in the source shop this will not be carried through to the new shop. Content has to be maintained in each respective shop.
By following these steps and considerations, you can seamlessly import products from one store to another, saving time and streamlining your product management within our Webshop platform.