In this article, we will cover how to find out which consumer have opted in to your newsletter, and how to export the data.
Let's get started!
It is now possible to collect e-mail newsletter consents via the check-out flow. All active webshops will have this functionality, and the text is provided in English.
How to see that a customer has opted-in/ provided newsletter consent?
- Go to Customers
- Find the customer and click on it
In the Consent section, you will find important information about your customer's newsletter subscription. This includes the date on which the customer opted-in to receive the newsletter, as well as the specific text to which they agreed. This information is crucial for ensuring that your marketing efforts are compliant with relevant regulations, and that your customers have given informed consent to receive your communications.
How to export the emails to add to your CRM/email Marketing System:
- Go to the Customers
- Click on the Export
- Select Newsletter subscribes
- Choose the data format: CSV file or Excel file
- See that the data being exported contains personal data protected by GDPR. Please ensure that it is handled in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
- Click on Download
- Save file
Via the 'export' functionality you are able to export the e-mail consents and upload them into your e-mail marketing system (i.e. Mailchimp, Klaviyo, Hubspot).
How and when will I be notified of new customer newsletter subscribers (opt-in)?
Every Monday you will receive an email with the number of net new newsletter subscribers, and a link where you can go and export the data. The email will be sent to the contact email provided under Settings in the Bemakers platform.
A few considerations when uploading data to your own e-mail marketing system:
- Data cleaning: ensure that you run a deduplication process to avoid entering duplicates i.e. having the same email several times, as it should only exist once. In case you have an existing opt-out in your own system, but the opt-in from the storefront is newer, then add the Bemakers data entry and change consent status.
- Add a source: to ensure that you add the source where the consent is coming from i.e. DK Shop Newsletter Sign-up. That way you will be able to monitor which channels are contributing to your consent database.
Important: the Bemakers platform will not be updated with opt-out/unsubscribe data from your side, and it is therefore always your own e-mail system that is the source of truth in regards to e-mail newsletter consents.